Friday, March 14, 2008

Poor kitties...


Today was errand day, so I didn't get any work done here. And now I'm procrastinating by blogging. I swear, though, the streetcars crawl along even slower when I'm in a hurry to get back home. Murphy's Law or something. And when I got back to our place, I found Dex huddled in the corner behind one of the wooden beams. He looked very scared and I had to coax him out. It was only after I made my lunch and was heading downstairs to eat it that I discovered the reason behind his hiding. The stupid fire alarm was being tested in our building. Again! They tested it several weeks ago and at least warned us of it. Today there were no signs saying this would be happening.

I'm lucky enough to be able to wear earplugs, but the cats have to suffer. Our poor kitties. They'll probably go deaf several years sooner now.

No comments: